Cannabis has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments, and one way to incorporate it into your wellness routine is through topical application. A cannabis-infused herbal salve is a simple and effective way to reap the benefits of this plant, and it can be easily made at home with just a few ingredients.
One of the main benefits of using a cannabis-infused salve is the potential for pain relief. The cannabinoids in cannabis, including CBD and THC, interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a role in regulating pain perception. When applied topically, the salve can help to alleviate muscle and joint pain, as well as inflammation.
In addition to its pain-relieving properties, a cannabis-infused salve may also help to moisturize and nourish the skin. The combination of coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax creates a nourishing base for the salve, while the cannabis oil adds an extra boost of hydration and skin-loving nutrients.
To make your own cannabis-infused herbal salve at home, you will need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 1/4 cup cannabis oil (can be made by infusing coconut oil with ground cannabis)
- 10 drops essential oil (optional, for fragrance)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a double boiler or a glass jar placed in a pan of water, melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax.
- Once the ingredients are fully melted and combined, remove the pan or jar from the heat.
- Add in the cannabis oil and essential oil, if using. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a lid, such as a small tin or jar.
- Allow the salve to cool and solidify before using.
- To use, apply a small amount of the salve to the affected area as needed.
It’s important to note that the effects of a cannabis-infused herbal salve may vary from person to person, and it is always advisable to consult with a medical professional before using any cannabis-infused products, especially if you are taking other medications or have a pre-existing medical condition. However, for those seeking natural pain relief and nourished, healthy skin, a cannabis-infused herbal salve may be worth a try.