Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) is a type of cannabis oil that is known for its potent medicinal properties. It was developed by Rick Simpson, a Canadian engineer who used the oil to successfully treat his own skin cancer. Since then, RSO has gained a reputation as a powerful natural remedy for a variety of health conditions.
There are several potential benefits of using RSO. Some people use it to help manage chronic pain, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, and boost the immune system. RSO may also have anti-tumor and antioxidant properties, and has been used to treat a range of conditions including cancer, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
While the potential benefits of RSO are promising, it’s important to note that more research is needed to fully understand its effects. As with any cannabis product, it’s important to use caution and consult with a healthcare professional before using RSO.
If you’re interested in trying RSO, it’s relatively easy to make at home. Here’s a simple recipe for how to make your own RSO:
- 1 pound of dried cannabis buds (or trim)
- 1 gallon of isopropyl alcohol (99% strength)
- Grind the cannabis buds into a fine consistency using a hand grinder or food processor.
- Place the ground cannabis into a large mixing bowl and add enough alcohol to fully cover the material. Stir the mixture well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few days, shaking it well every day to ensure that the alcohol is fully extracting the THC and other cannabinoids from the cannabis.
- After a few days, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Discard the solids.
- Transfer the liquid to a clean glass jar and allow it to evaporate until the desired thickness is reached. This can take several days to a week, depending on the humidity and temperature of your environment.
- Once the oil has reached the desired consistency, transfer it to a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid for storage.
Note: RSO is a highly concentrated form of cannabis and should be used with caution. It is not recommended for inexperienced cannabis users or for those who are sensitive to THC. Always start with a small dose and gradually increase as needed.